Hyggemøde 20. august i Symbion M1

Hej så er ferien snart slut og det er tid til at få sat tid af i
kalenderen til de hyggemøder, man gerne vil med til.

Her er et hyggemøde 20. august i Symbion M1

I får nærmere besked senere.

Men her er lidt besked om emne og taler til tirsdag den 20. august
kl.19.00 sammen med DKUUG i Symbion:

Her kommer titel og abstract:

		 The rôle of very high-level languages
                        in the developement of
                            free software.

                            Robert Strandh
                        University of Bordeaux

                               Abstract

Free software is a great technical success, and, at least partially, a
commercial one too.  But getting to where we are has been painful.
While in the beginning, we had to concentrate on system software such
as operating system kernels, we now mainly need to concentrate on
end-user applications.

Part of the secret so success in developing end-user applications is
to use a programming language that is as high level as possible.  What
I call a "very high-level language" is one that helps the developer by
supplying a large number of features that help making the development
easy, while still generating high-performance code.

In this talk, I will try to discuss a list of such features.  Most of
them, though not all, are Hyggemøde present in the language Common Lisp
which
I currently use myself.  I will also give an overview of free software
projects related to Common Lisp.  In particular, I will talk about
McCLIM, the free version of the Common Lisp Interface Manager.

Robert Strandh
Se mere på Google om Robert Strandh :))

Venlig hilsen

Anne

--
Anne Østergaard, sslug@sslug http://www.sslug.dk/

Questions about the web-pages to <www_admin>. Last modified 2005-08-10, 20:29 CEST [an error occurred while processing this directive]