Re: [ITPOLITIK] GIF patentet er udløbet i hele verden nu.

I sslug.itpolitik, skrev Martin Møller Pedersen:
>  Så er GIF patentet udløb i hele verden -
>  http://www.c10n.info/archives/449
>
>  Mon det betyder at diverse programmer igen med gif support ?

Gif Draw :-)
... fra FAQ'en

* What does "gd" stand for?
In gd 1.0, it stood for "gif draw." After the Unisys patent on the LZW
compression used in GIF came to light and GIF support was dropped, it
did not officially stand for anything, but let's just say "graphics
draw" and leave it at that. (GIF support is back, thanks to the
expiration of the patent, but gd can draw much more than GIFs.)

* Does gd support GIF images?
Yes. Support for GIF was restored in gd 2.0.28 on July 21st, 2004.
Support for creating GIF animations is also available. Note that
gdlib-config --features can be used to list the image formats supported
by gd. Versions of gdlib-config prior to recent updates do not support
the

Jesper
--
./Jesper Krogh, sslug@sslug, Jabber ID: sslug@sslug

Questions about the web-pages to <www_admin>. Last modified 2006-11-01, 02:02 CET [an error occurred while processing this directive]